Monday, March 14, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Just got back from Family Reunion in Hawaii and man did we have a blast.  Where is home anyway?  Where your house is?  Not.  Where your heart is?  Yes.  While vacationing in Hawaii I realize that I don't need a house to be at home.  Home is where my family is.  Where my children are.  People I love and care for.  Even a palace without my family won't be home to me.  A hut with my children and family is home to me.

I love going on vacations.  The air here in Hawaii is so wet.  You're either drenched in sweat or rain or you're wet in swimming.  It's so relaxing though and it makes me want to lay back, absorb and bask in the beauty of this place and the tropically warm weather.  Our hotel is Aqua Hotel in Honolulu.  I looked around and  further off the distant are the more exquisite and glamorous hotels.  I think about how in this world we're always categorized in classes.  The poor, the middle-class and the rich and famous.  Even in hotels you can tell which class one is in by where you're bunking down at.  Here at the Aqua, would be the so/so.  Outside is the strip of Honolulu and at night, it's infested with drunks, hookers and whores.  There are policemen in every block and the sirens are audible throughout the night.  Sin city has a twin and it's right here in downtown Honolulu.

We're given earplugs to plug our ears if noises gets too unbearable.  Right across is the International Market.  Everything in Honolulu and Waikiki is international.  Rarely do you see a pure blooded Polynesian around.  They are back further towards the bushes.  Here are the tourists, Orientals and Philipinos.   It's like Chinatown in San Francisco or Los Angeles.  

The atmosphere in Hawaii is truly refreshing.  So different from the snow back in Utah.  I really don't miss my house.  I miss my family back there though yet it's good to get away if only for a week.  Never would I want to live anywhere without them or far from them.  I can make a home anywhere as long as those I love surrounds me.   Home is truly where the heart is. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment