Monday, May 30, 2011

MEMORIAL DAY

We visited the cemetery to take flowers to all our beloved who have passed on.  I have missed visiting with them.  Especially my father-in-law and my auntie Ana.  As I placed the flowers on her stone and put a figuerine of an angel and a little girl, I couldn't help but feel so much love for Ana.  She was an angel and I couldn't help but wondered if she was watching us as we come to see her.  Do they even have time to watch over us?  Nevertheless, visiting brings back precious memories of all their goodness and services. 

I learn the value of hard work from my father-in-law.  I also learn the value of helping others.  He was the greatest example of selflessness.  It didn't matter who needed the help or when the help was needed, Eneasi made sure he volunteers his time and energy to helping others.  My aunt Ana, on the other hand, labored from morning 'til night in serving me and the rest of my brothers and sisters.  Wash our clothes, clean our rooms, I didn't need to do anything for she was always there to make sure she picks up after me and that I have clean clothes.  Sometimes I wished that I'd shown more appreciation for her.  I wept like a baby when she passed because I knew how much I will miss her. 

How significant the roles of those who have passed on in our lives.  Especially those who gave their lives for
our freedom and for this beautiful land.  Their sacrifices will forever be remembered and will live on in our memories forever.  Thank you to all who have passed on.  Those we knew and those we don't.  We love you and God bless us all until we reunite once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment