Saturday, August 20, 2011

MARS

The KSL 102.7 radio station talked about the shuttle that's getting ready to go on a mission to the planet Mars.  Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to the brilliant discoveries and explosions of technology these days.  There are no boundaries, anything is possible and it's dazzling and amazing.  We just need to stay informed and educated before we get left behind.  Who would have thought we'd be destining for Mars.  The knowledge that a man had walked on the moon alone just blew my mind.  I would stare at the moon and the thought that humans have walked on it astounded me.  Back when I was a young girl, I'd gaze at the stars marveling at the mystery and the beauty of it all. Wondering what's out there.   Now everything is slowly unfolding before me. 
Among the things that will be included in this trip are vegetables for eating and for planting.  Vegetarians suggested that everyone should be Vegetarians themselves since it's easier to take vegetables to Mars instead of taking cows and chickens.  There's a point there but since cows and chickens can fit too, why not include them also?  Might as well take them along to Mars.  I remember growing up in the island, we'd rarely eat meat.  Vegetables, fruits and leaves were bounteous but meat was indeed rare.  Once a week we'd have meat and that would be on Sundays after church.  I'd be sitting in church with my mouth salivating and watering for whatever meat mom and dad have prepared for dinner.  It was a treat.
As for the cows and chickens, Why Not?  If there comes a time where I'd walk in Mars, I'd like to see cows, chickens, horses and all graze by the side of the road.  We don't want to live in a world without any of our animal friends. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment