Thursday, September 15, 2011

Technology dummy

There's no question about it.  I've got to be the dummest of all when it comes to any kind of technological equipment.  It seems they have their own technical language that I fail to comprehend.  I was trying to add a gadget to my blog.  The instruction told me to drag and then paste.  Well I tried that and instead of pasting, it told me to "remove all cookies..."  The only cookies I know is the edible ones.  Hell, I don't even own a cell phone.  Almost everyone else in my family has one but no, not me.  Because I'm home and work on the phone and computer from home, I really don't need one.  (You think I work on computers I'd be a genius at it?  Nah, only the basics.  On, off, answer the phone and type in the information.  Exit.  Plus, it's just another expense I can do without.  Technology is an endless wonder these days.  And they keep coming and coming.  New information, new ideas, new discoveries and only Heaven knows what's coming next. 

Just recently I learned how to text.  My children taught me how.  It's scary when my oldest daughter got her cell phone.  It stuck like glue to her fingers.  Non-stop texting and talking on the phone.  I was afraid it might stick permanently to her fingers.  She whips up that phone everywhere.  In the car, in the restroom, day and night.  Even at church and I'm sitting there poking her to put away her phone.  How irreverent and disrepectful.  It almost blew my mind seeing her fumble with her phone during Sacrament meetings of all places.  She told me she can access her sciptures on her phone.  Not that she can fool me one bit.  Yet "WOW" is all I can say to that.

Now there's I-everything.  Iphone, Ipad, Itouch, Imax and Icons.  Sounds like everything is about Me, Myself and I all the time.  I, I and I.  Everything is Imazing.   But everytime I think about the wonders of technology, I can't help wondering just how far this technical world will go.  When will it all end?  When we can read each others mind?  How terrifying that will be.  Everything is a "click" and a "touch" away.  As for myself, I need to keep up with the rest of the world.  Otherwise, I'm a dead duck.  Now, I need to go and learn how to remove those cookies.  Umm, now I'm craving Oreos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment