Monday, October 10, 2011

Between a rock and hard place

What a way to start out a Monday and the beginning of a new week.  Stuck between a rock and a hard place.   There's a deadly deadline for tomorrow but there's no dismay, come what may, we will get through it.   Like we did a thousand times before.

They say that "pain" can cause people to change but somehow I seem immune to pain.  Pain is not "painful enough" and sometimes I think I'm strange in that area.  I'm always one to remain calm.  Perhaps too calm when there's  a situation that requires one to "panic".  Not me.  I don't panic unless I'm running out of time yet no one can tell I'm panicking.   And I refuse to reveal how much pain I'm in no matter how much physical pain I'm experiencing.  Totally weird.  Right?

Reminds me when I was in labor with all seven of my children.  The nurses were always amazed at fact that I sleep through my labor pains without so much of an "ouch".   While the other mothers are screaming nasty threats to their husbands with hands flailing and heads shaking.  "Don't you ever lay a hand on me again!"  "You're gonna pay for this!"  "You son of a ....Ahhhhh!" Curse word!  Curse word!  I thought that was hilarous.  When it gets to the pinnacle of pain, all I do is squeeze my husband's hands and chew aggressively on ice.  (Thinking to myself I'm never going to have another child again)  Until the pain subsides then I'm back to sleeping again.  All 7 labors were natural without the side effects of epidurals to nump the pain.  Except for the very last one of all my children, oh yes I slept, but towards the edge of my labor I grapped the nurse's hand and begged:  "Can I get some epidural now?"  She smiled apologetically and said:  "I'm sorry, it's too late for that.  The baby's head is coming out".  "Oh, ok", I muttered disappointingly. 

As to "worrying", if there's nothing I can do about a situation then it's unnecessary for me to torture my mind worrying about it.  But if there's a solution then I'm determine to get to the point of it. 

How is it that they say: "change is the only constancy in life" and yet the more I try to make changes, the more things remain the same?  I'm always starting all over again.  Again, again and then again.  From the same exact place I was before and none-the-wiser.    Talk about being stuck in a rut.

Well, we've got one more day to come up with a solution.  It was a misunderstanding and miscommunication not to mention ignorant on  our part.  I already know this day is going to fly by and I feel almost half of it is gone already.   Well, here I go to conquer the foe!!!  We will S U R V I V E!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Stopping by from SITS

    Sometimes I feel like I get stuck in a rut. It may help to take a step out of your comfort zone. And I think it's wonderful that you have such a high pain tolerance...I'm a big sissy when it comes to anything like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kinda stuck on how you handled the pain. I was of the THIS HURTS type of mom. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess it goes all the way back to growing up in the island. Heck there was no such thing as first aid kit. Every scrape, cut and bruise had to sucked up. It's almost like survival of the fittest. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot get over the fact that you birthed all 7 of your kids naturally, without screaming or writhing in pain. That's incredible. I have such a low tolerance for pain that even a mild headache reduces me to tears.

    I like your attitude about worrying. So much so, that I'm going to adopt the very same attitude from this day forward!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Learned the hard way about worrying Helene. It's time consuming, makes your head aches and just a distraction when you could be doing something worth your while. Glad to be of help and thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete