Sunday, October 23, 2011

"Through With It"

My oldest son Leveni (we call him by his middle name) is a brilliant musician.  He writes and composes his own music.  On "youtube" he goes by Sione Toki.  Named after his father.  But he finally post up his second song on youtube and it's called "Through with it".   I love it and I am his #1 fan for life.

This is one of the many reasons why I decided to put up a blog.  Actually I didn't put it up myself for I have no clue how, but my cousin Mahana put it up for me.  She's a computer Wiz.  It wasn't all for me.  It was also for sharing my children's talents with the world.  Yes, awkward it must seem, but I am their greatest fan.  All of them sings.  They hardly sing together for they all have different kind of music they want to sing.


Sometimes when I try to have them sing together, it's almost like trying to make peace between Israel and Palestine.  Impossible.   So I let them sing on their own and in their own genre of music.  One likes Country, the other R&B, Rock and Pop.   We all love music and if you visit our house, it's the noisiest one on the block.   They all sing at the same time whether they're in the shower, in the kitchen, downstairs in their rooms or eating in the kitchen.  It baffles me to know which mouth sings and which mouth eats and talks all at the same time.     Sometimes I long for earplugs.  Just to slam my ears shut when all the music is going on in the house.   The only times its quiet is when they're asleep or when they're not home.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like things are never boring at your house. Your kids are lucky to have a supportive mom like you.

    Thanks for stopping by on my SITS day. It was a fun day for me. (I tried to reply to your comments, but your email address isn't linked to your profile.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a really musical home you have! I just stopped by from SITS to say hi; hope you find time to do the same.

    ReplyDelete