Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Casualties of LIfe

Like casualties of war, there's a joyous elation in surviving and living.  Then, on the flip side, there's the bereavement and grief of loosing a life to death.  But even with the tragedies and casualties of life, we manage to live on and press forward.  Ever hopeful and ever auspiciously optimistic.  To be anything less, would be like submission to defeat and then where would we all be?

This past week, with the magnanimous festivity of Thanksgiving, we express our gratitude to the Almighty God.  For bounteous blessings of this land and this life and the awesomeness of it all.  To breath, exist and just being alive is a miraculous wonderment in itself.   That you are you and I am me.   That together, we all play a significant role in this circle of life.  Makes me wonder sometimes, how life would be, had I been born someone else entirely.  Do you wonder too?  If a different soul was wearing my skin and my face? 

This past week, a dear friend of the family died in a car crash.  She was a childhood friend of my husband.  It's a sad loss indeed, for she was a sweet, amazing mother, sister and woman.  This past week also, a surprise came inside a check-book box, of an image of an ultrasound of a baby in the womb.  My nephew and his wife are expecting their first.  One making an exit and one in the process of entering life.  A loss and a gain.  Life in reciprocity.  Tears of sadness and bubbles of laughter.  All on Thanksgiving week.

4 comments:

  1. As one exits one enters...Beautifully written. Thank you for visiting my blog by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The circle of life is certainly bittersweet, isn't it?

    I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. But also feelings of happiness for your nephew and his wife.

    Your emotions were expressed so beautifully in this post, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! I love you Auntie! Thank you for making my gain your gain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're very welcome McKenzie. What an exciting time for you two! Ofa atu.

    ReplyDelete