Tuesday, December 6, 2011

About his Christmas Song


"What the heck?"  Was my very first reaction to his new Christmas song.  S T R A N G E!!! I don't know if I would categorize this as a Christmas song.  I thought to myself.  The beat, the style is not my typical Christmas music.  I don't even know if people are going to like it. 

But then if you know my son, then you'd understand how he does his music.  He has his own style and he's determine to stay true to that style.  IT'S HIS WAY OR NO WAY AT ALL. 

And if you don't know about the West side, then you won't understand the depth of loyalty and love he has for the place.  Moved from California, we rooted ourselves there.   Where all our children had their names, footprints and hands,  engraved on the driveway of our old house.  That's where he grew from boy to man.  Where money was hard to come by but love came in abundance.  From his huge families and his get rich or die trying friends.  And always, grounded with the love of God, Jesus Christ and the Gospel.  

So I played and played until his song grows on me.  It's funny, witty and heart warming.  A different kind of Christmas song.  A West side Christmas song more like it.  Makes me smile 'cause this son loves to eat lu and turkey.  He loves his family and his wife like crazy.  So let me end with a quote from his younger brother in his letter home.  "Me coming home early from my mission, is like Leveni trying to loose weight.  It ain't never gonna happen."  (Leveni) is the name my son Sione goes by.  So as for that "new year resolution", I just don't know if I should believe my missionary or my singer.  Of course I'm only their #1 fan for life so I'll just have to wait and see. 

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.  Let's let bygones be bygones and let's enjoy Christmas and this song.

5 comments:

  1. I had never heard this song before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's his new song Shell. He's what you might call a "struggling musician". LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's your son?! I actually enjoyed the song, with a nice beat to it and completely up tempo. It's a different kind of Christmas song but you know what, I could easily see my kids loving it...it's got the type of beat that attracts them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No more Christmas song remixes please. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually his song is a hit out here. And it's his original song, not a remix at all.

    ReplyDelete