Monday, December 12, 2011

Officially a Zit Popper

Totally swallowed up digesting a new blog I found through my blogging friend Kristi from "Breathe...Shine...Love...".  Her name is Michelle from "Graceful" and it was her: "My Winding Road to Faith" post that got me MESMERIZED with a capital M!  About how she stole a choker when she was in third grade and out of self-reproach, chose to wear her scapular (first time I've ever learned of such thing) that bore the inscription, "Whosoever dies wearing this scapular shall not suffer eternal fire."


As my attention was thoroughly riveted in Michelle's post, I hear this soft, genteel voice asking:  "Mom, could you pop my zit?"  Like a perfect record, ruined and scratched, I slowly turned to her.  Slightly annoyed that she interrupted this intense reading session.  My, not so genteel daughter, Patiola stood before me with a gigantic zit right between her eyes, beckoning me to POP it.  Instantly it dawns on me that not only I am a mother, a cook, laundress, hairdresser, babysitter, handy-woman and comforter, I can add zit popper to my magnificent role in motherhood. 

My mind briefly recalled the amount of times my children has come to me to POP their zits.  Starting from the eldest Leveni, down to number six  Mele.  The youngest, Beverly,  hasn't yet to get to that stage but I'm sure when she does, she will come to mom, The Zit Popper for that.  No one else will do it for them of course because only a mother can stomach being her own children's zit popper.  Who else can do it for them?  DaD?  I don't think so. 

Well, I have become proficient in targeting and extracting those zits.  My aim is deadly accurate and so with that, I proudly and officially declare myself as:  The Zit Popper.  Only for my children though.  Just one more addition to my many roles of being a mother. 

Just another day in Paradise. 

9 comments:

  1. LOL That is just classic. And I am totally laughing because just the other day, I was lamenting my own zit and how I am too old to have one. But I have yet to add Zit popper to my own title. I am quite sure it is only a matter of time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lucky in that my face is usually zit free.

    I don't know how people can get other people to pop their zits. It just feels so wrong to not do it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to hate it when my mom popped my zits. Now, as an adult who sees how much aesteticians makes, I'm not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I snorted water up my nose the second I saw the title.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh that is sooo nasty, but FUNNY too! Thank God I had no zits, whew, who knew? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously. Am I the only one who gets a sick satisfaction out of popping zits? Or am I the only one who admits it...? LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like MiMi, I actually like popping zits but it can only be my husband's zits. I don't look at total strangers with big white zits and have this urge to pop them or anything.

    I have a feeling when it comes time for my kids to enter the puberty years and with it, comes huge zits, I'll be chasing them around the house shouting, "Come on, just let me pop ONE, please!"

    Gross, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If a zit turns green, I have the urge to pop it. It's just SO distracting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete