Saturday, January 21, 2012

Something Funny

My sister-in-law Sarah always cracks me up.  She is my younger brother's wife and Sarah never lacks a tummy-tickling, laugh-till-you-cry story.  Most of them from her own children.  They have 12 children and life is never dull in their household:

Earlier this evening as she picked me up for song practice, she related to me that she and her son Charlie (who is 20 and goes by Chuck Norris) got into a disagreement.  Then Charlie informed her:  
"You know mom, there are two kinds of people in this world:  The sheeps and the wolves and I am a Wolf". 
Sarah retaliated:  "Then if you are a wolf Charlie, then obviously you are living in the wrong house.  This is a house of sheeps.  You can just pack your crap and get out!"   Sarah of course never means anything when it comes to reprimanding or showing anger to her children.  She's all talk but she's the sweetest momma to her children.

Her phone rang and we were inside her truck on the way to dropping me off at home.  It was her daughter Leo (18) calling to ask if she can use the $20 Sarah gave her for gas to pay for her boyfriend's movie ticket:
Sarah:  "I gave you that $20 for gas"
Leo:  (Said something in return)  Then Sarah went on:   
"Why don't you find a boyfriend that can pay instead of you having to pay for him. 
(Leo went on to say something).
"'Afa always pays...'Afa pays all the time" 
('Afa is Leo's ex-boyfriend who left to serve an LDS mission).  She gave him a "DEAR JOHN" a few months into his mission.

'Afa is Sarah's favorite boyfriend for Leo.  She had told me once that if she had it her way, Leo would be waiting with her wedding dress at the airport when 'Afa returns home from his mission.  She's been trying in vain to save Leo for 'Afa.  But it seems Leo has her own pick for a boyfriend. 

At this point, my sister Linda and I were just giggling away not wanting Leo to hear us.
Then Sarah went on, "I'm just saying Leo, you should try to find someone that can pay for you"
Leo mumbling something and then Sarah blurted out, "Well, why don't you just do yourself a favor and drop that zero and go find yourself a hero!"  My sister and I just couldn't hold it in any longer.  We busted out laughing.

5 comments:

  1. LOL!! Momma's have the best way of putting in words straight to the point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! And yes, sounds like he totally needs to drop that zero!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be cheering for Afa! What a funny story. I came by from MiMi's - I look forward to getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny! I am a little glad I am not yet to the point where my children are dating. That will be a whole new adventure, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her straight-forward sense of humor! Sounds like a super fun mom!

    12 kids? I can only imagine how HUGE your family celebrations must be with everyone having such a large family!

    ReplyDelete