Thursday, March 22, 2012

Enemy Mine

Grabbing for my journal, I hold fast to my pen.  Wanting to scribble and dribble all my aggravations and frustrations onto the pure whiteness of this page.  What can I write that hasn't been written in this journal before?  Absolutely nothing! 

Year after year, time after time, it's the same old sequences of empty sentences.  Same old routine.  Beating myself against time, repeating over and over, taking one step forward and two steps back.

Should I declare war on myself?  Because right now I feel like I am "My Own Worst Enemy".  Causing an inner turmoil and raucous over the numerous flaws and weaknesses I possess YET  one stands out brighter then the others and that is, PROCRASTINATIONPostponing, putting off, cancellation, waiting, lingering, stalling, dragging,  etc. etc. etc.

I'm currently reviewing a book from Bethany House Publishers called, "My Own Worst Enemy" (non-fiction) by a Janet Davis.   She was given a chance to do a lecture and totally blew it.  This is what she said about that dreadful occasion:

 "The faces were welcoming, and the opportunity for something good was real.  So what unseen force had shifted me into reverse?  Clearly, the problem was internal.  I had met the enemy and she was me."

This evening I thought about me and my detrimental ways of PROCRASTINATING.  How bad can things get before I decide to MOVE myself out of this rut that I'm gleefully dwelling in.  Even continuing to tolerate the intolerable.

If there's any progression to make in this lifetime, I need to DO it now.   To make that change.  To make peace with the enemy within me by DOING and eradicate Procrastination from my life.

7 comments:

  1. That book sounds like an inspiring read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very inspiring indeed. I'm not quite done with it but almost there.

      Delete
  2. It is so easy to put things off- though when it comes to cleaning, I work really well at the last hour before company is coming. :). But yes, can't put off everything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I. I'm good at doing things last minute but I often say to myself, how much better it would have been had I not wait 'til the last minute. LOL.

      Delete
  3. Usually I'm pretty good at keeping up on things...but once in a while I let TONS of stuff pile up and it's almost debilitating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got the perfect word to describe it. "Debilitating". Thanks for always stopping by MIMI. Sure do appreciate it.

      Delete
  4. I feel your pain! I am such a horrible procrastinator - and all it does is double the stress and misery! Good luck to us both at being better!

    ReplyDelete