Sunday, March 18, 2012

That LOOK

People have face expressions that betrays, portrays and reveal exactly what's on their minds and hearts.   Some tries to mask it with masculinity and pride, refusing to wear their hearts upon their sleeves.  I've seen that "LOOK" in many, many movies.  Such as "Pride and Prejudice" when Mr. Darcy finally got the chance to bare his heart and soul to Elizabeth:

"You must know... surely, you must know it was all for you... If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes have not changed, but one word from you will silence me forever. If, however, your feelings have changed, I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you..."

Yesterday I attended the wedding of Moroni and Marcy.  As they knelt across the altar from each others,  I was dazzled, even confounded, by the transformation that took place on Moroni's face as he looked at Marcy.  It WOW-ed me because clearly, here's a man hopelessly, utterly and bewitchingly in love with his bride to be.

Through his countenance, there was nothing to hide anymore.  It was there open and bare for everyone in the Sealing room to see.  Moroni was shameless and unabashed when it comes to his feelings for his Marcy.  Not once did he take his eyes off of her and the power of his love shone through, getting me all choked up and letting loose a few tears.   I'm not usually a watering pot when it comes to wedding, but good gracious, that "LOOK" brought tears to my eyes.  It was simply breathtaking and beautiful.  He loves her!

After they spoke their Vows and standing up from their kneeling positions, the Sealer forgot to tell Moroni "You may now kiss the Bride".  Moroni took it upon himself to ask, "May I kiss the Bride now?"  Everyone laughed and that was one of the most simple yet romantic wedding ceremony I've ever been to.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a beautiful ceremony! I love temple sealings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful experience. I hope they remember that feeling for many years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet! What a nice thing to see. It doesn't happen all the time!

    ReplyDelete