Saturday, December 15, 2012

Devastating Christmas

Yesterday and to-day I shed tears for the children in Connecticut.  The horrific devastation of those parents, I can only imagine.  A few times in my life, I've experience somehow the terrible panic and atrocious shock of loosing a child.  Like the one time I left my son Mahonrai at Walmart because I thought he was in the back seat of our 12 passenger van with everyone else.  We got home and after a while I noticed that he wasn't around the other children.  Then I got that call that the police have him in Walmart.  A friend of ours saw him crying as the police was questioning him.  He was only 5 or 6 at the time.  She assisted them in contacting us.  But I cursed myself a hundred times over for the negligence and it's a feeling I don't care to experience ever again. 

I wondered how they contacted the parents.  If the school got to them first or the media.  But this terribly grievous and shattering incident leaves us to contemplate the unstableness of individuals.  How psychotic and horrendous can a person turn or become.  What prone him to kill his own mother and then head to the school and massacred 20 innocent children and 6 or 7 adults!

This Christmas I will embrace and be eternally grateful for the fact that my children are happy and alive.  However, I will be in deep mourning with the parents who have lost their beautiful and innocent children.  I pray that they will find some kind of peace as their lives has been shred to pieces by this unexpected tragic tragic lost of their precious children and loved ones.

Not everyone can cope successfully with tragedy.  Some take it harder then others.  In all my child bearing days, I would be totally lost if I should loose a child.  I'm terrified to even entertain the idea of having to bury one of my children.  So to try to imagine what these parents in Connecticut are going through, is sheer torture.  All I can do is pray for them during this period of what seems to be the darkest time of their lives.  That one day,   they will emerge and bask in the light once again.    

2 comments:

  1. It's all too much to comprehend. My heart goes out to all of them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't process it and I really don't want to send my boys to school this week. :(

    ReplyDelete