Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Our Stolen Car

Nothing like waking up in the fresh early morning to an empty driveway!  First thing that popped into my mind when my son informed me was:  "Who in the world would want that piece of crap?"   I've never missed anything more then I miss our hefty crappy Tahoe right now.  It's almost like an old love.  You never know what you've got until it's gone.   Memories come flooding back of all our previous vehicles that has come and gone in and out of our lives.

Our beloved 12 passenger Chevy that use to fit 20 boyscouts.   The brand new Aerostar that my father in-law crashed into the back of my husbands old Ford truck and never recuperated from the damage.  That was years ago.  My husband's Dodge truck that got repossessed because of a title loan.  And let me not forget our little Orange 1973 Volkswagen Minivan that use to get me to work a few Winters ago.  And the list goes on and on and on.  LOL.  So we practically go through cars like we go through shoes.

This is not the first time this happens to me.  A couple years ago I took my dad to the hospital and came back out to the parking lot and his little Minivan, as old and raggedy as it has been, was gone from the parking lot.  Called the police and a couple hours later they found it down the street from the hospital with white high heels in it.  A girl must have needed a fast ride down the street.  I left the keys in there because I didn't think anyone would want to be seen in it.  Just like our van last night.  We don't see the worth in locking up and taking the keys inside the house because who would want to take it?

The disadvantages of not having a car:

*Now I have to walk the kids to school.  Really not a disadvantage because I really need the exercise.
*No more emergency toilet paper run.  Oh the joy!
*Just the thought of not being able to just get up and go whenever you want sucks
*Sisilia, my oldest is scared that she might get kidnapped.  LOL.  No chance in that happening.  She's simply too heavy to be carried away against her will.
*Now Auntie Peta won't ever want to stay home alone before someone decides to rob the house and she's defenseless.

I really do miss my car.  I do pray we get it back.  We can always get a new vehicle but that won't take the places of our old ones.  Each one claims a special place in my heart.  Just like people do.  Only things will always be things though and can never be compared to when we loose people in our lives.  I hope that whoever the thief or thieves are, may they have toothaches for the rest of their rotten lives.
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That's awful!! I hope it turns up and not all trashed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so Mimi. Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. Oh I do hope it turns up! Growing up we had our share of memory filled cars too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Emmy. It's good to be back again to blogging. Have definitely missed the feeling

      Delete