Monday, January 7, 2013

Beatiful Sunday

Sundays to me feel like these:

-A slow motion stroll along a rose garden feeling the warmth of a beautiful sunset on my face.
-Walking barefoot on a sandy beach, allowing the wind to ruffle my hair with cool breeze and untainted hope. 
- Like it's the end of the day and I'm making peace with myself, ready to take on another day.  It refreshes my spirit and warms my soul.  It's taking a break from the things of this fast and furious world, to bask in the love of God and my sweet Savior Redeemer Jesus Christ.


Each Sundays feel like a vacation at the end of a hard working week.  I'm refilling my cup, enfolding myself in the warm embrace of a loving Father and  being assured that "these too shall pass" and being told that "You can do it.  Just put your trust in me". 

I love Sundays.  When I was younger, I use to dread taking a break from the excitement of my daily world.  "Darn, here's Sunday and I have to go to church again!"  There was no where else to go but to church.  My parents made sure of that.  But growing up in the island of Tonga, where everything shuts down in the honor of God on Sundays, I already learned at tender age, that Sunday was a special day.  It was the day of REST.

It's the only day of total dedication to the Lord.  We go to church to worship and to learn about Him and Jesus Christ.  Then we come home and ponder on things which we have learned and also to count the countless blessing which He have blessed our lives with.  We have truly been blessed.  I am grateful for Sundays and will continue to be for as long as I live.  It's day of a very much needed and deserved rest in the glory of God.  It's a beautiful day. 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very peaceful day for you! Our Saturdays are more like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sundays used to bore me when I was a kid. They seemed endless. Now my Sundays seem peaceful, and I welcome them, just as you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I really need to go refill my cup but I'm so overwhelmed I don't even go. Then I feel worse. You'd think I'd learn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So agree!! Sunday's really are a wonderful day. I wish things shut down here more for it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love taking a walk on Sunday mornings.

    ReplyDelete