Saturday, January 12, 2013

The decision not to be pursuing a career in the working world was out the door as soon as my ears heard that very first screech of a newborn baby boy.  My firstborn son Leveni.  Nothing else was more important then me being home nurturing and nourishing my son.  I made up my mind then that I will not work until they are all old enough to attend elementary full time. 

A few years passed and more children were born, then I began to realize that one income and hubby's health issues just wasn't enough to meet everyone's need.  So every now and then I'd work but never for a long amount of time.  Here and there, a temporary job with temporary agencies until we moved here to Utah.  It was shocking and thrilling to find out that Utah, was THE capitol of mothers working from home and I've long cherished Utah since then.

So for eight years now I've been with the same company.  Working from home (part time) at night so all my days are completely free to be home, at the crossroads, whenever my kids are home or whenever they need me.  I firmly believe in the positive effect of parents, especially mothers, being home for their children.  If I'm not home, who is it or what is it that influences my children the most?

Now and then, I'd go to the office when I have issues with my computer system or training meeting.  It's nice to mingle with other people.  I think I'm ready to pursue a career now that my children are all full time out of the house for school.  While they're in school, I can be at work and then we'll all meet back at home in the evening.  I also think it's time for me to go back to school and finish the unfinished business that my brain is hungry for now.   

I've enjoyed being a stay home mom.  Even a work-from-home mom.  Tremendously.  I think I've done a pretty good job raising my children with my husband.  He's health has continued to decline so this  year, I need to step it up and pursue a career and go back to school to provide for my family.   




3 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you as you pursue more schooling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!! It's always a juggling act, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my goal-- to be a work at home mom! :)

    ReplyDelete