Saturday, March 23, 2013

Another Birthday, So What!

I think I stop counting my birthdays since I turned 40.  After that it's all a blur.  LOL.  To-day I turn 49.  Funny but it feels like I've been 49 for a long time.  This past few nights, I 've been feeling the numbing on my right fingers more acute then before, I think I have Carpal Tunnel.  I've been doing typing since I was in high school and for a living now as a Sales Agent, so now, I think it's catching up with me.  Starting with my fingers.

What I have truly learned in my years of growing older and wiser is that, "Happiness is a State of Mind".  It doesn't matter who you are, what you have and where you are in this life, if you choose to be HAPPY, you will be Happy.  It's an ATTITUDE that comes from GRATITUDE.  Not taking what you have for granted.  Most of all, PEOPLE are what matters most NOT THINGS.  

How is it that 49 is such a small number in the scale of life between 1 and 100?   I've only lived 49 years and for most people that is half of their lifetime.  To some people, they lived only this long or shorter.  This morning I looked at old pictures and smile.  Life has always been full and exciting.  Every second counts and we have to make the best of it.  Their is no time for whining and complaining.  The air outside is free and while we're still breathing, we need to make the best of it. 

My children are my JOY in this life.  It's hard to breath sometimes when they're in despair and distress. As a mother, you want the best for your children.  What I want most for my children is to live a happy life.  To find joy in the simple things in this life.  In love, in laughter, in hard work and in their relationship with each others and with those around them.  Not to let the pressure of this world for material things, determine the happiness they can have just from enjoying the simple blessings that God has granted them. 

Breathing alone, is a blessing.  Enjoy it while you still have it.  
 
My heart is merry with laughter and thankfulness.  That I still have this day with the ones I love. 
God is GREAT and Life and GOOD.


4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! I think you have the right attitude. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dana. Yes, a positive attitude goes a long way in this life. LOL.

      Delete
  2. I hope you had a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mimi. I sure did. It was AWESOME!

      Delete