Wednesday, March 13, 2013

One Lousy Move

Twice this year we've moved and hopefully this will be the last move until all the children are all grown and on their own.  This move took it's toll and one I prefer to forget.  I think I'm getting too old for these moves.  Both the unexpected and the expected happened.  The house is far from complete and funds are short and I need another job.

There were certain moments these past few days where I really question my self confident and courage.  I have always been one to be strong, optimistic and courageous, but boy, there were times where it felt like my whole world was falling apart and I can't get back in control.

Last Sunday we didn't attend church.  We had last minute cleaning up and loads to get out of the old house.  We broke the Sabbath day and I needed to attend church.  I needed that renewal of strengt that comes every Sunday from baring my soul during Sacrament to the Lord.   I needed a gulp of that living water that I desperately in thirst for.  My weekly rejuvenation process and I went without, so here I am weak and rattled.  I can't wait 'til Sunday to renew my soul.  Lord knows I need it.

How can in just a few short days, you feel like you've been to Hell and back?  This is exactly how these moving days felt like.  I'm glad though that we're finally settling in.  Things are looking better and I pray it will get better.  My sweet daughter Sisilia became a surprising force of strength for me, when at a moment of bottled up emotions spilled over, gave me comfort and hopeful joy.  She reached over as I was in tears, and kissed me with such tenderness, gave me encouraging words.  My whole world lit up with hope and it shocked me how a few loving words of encouragement can make a difference in one's life like that of night to day. 

All I know now is that it is great to be close to all my family.  Both on my side and on my husband side.  They're minutes away from us and whenever they need or we need anything, it's nice to just jump in the car and drive there for they are so close.  Especially my dad.  I've always wanted to be closer to him so when he needs something I'm never too far to help.  My beloved Auntie Peta lives with my father and sister now.  I miss her so very much.  The only good thing is that I can go there and see them every day. 

One of the many things I've learned in this life is that, "if we're not careful, we can get caught up in this world and material things that we tend to overlook what's most important in our lives and that is PEOPLE.  NOT THINGS!"   My FAMILY.

No comments:

Post a Comment