Monday, April 8, 2013

Spiritual Nourishment

Yesterday was the last two sessions of the 183rd session of the General Conference.  My soul has bask in a much needed spiritual feast to lift up my spirit and ease my burdens.  I love General Conferences.  Most of all, I love listening to the prophets and apostles of the Lord.  They say exactly what I need to hear, so I can improve myself and help my family improve themselves.

President Monson's talk made me laugh and reminded me of my own mischievous young age.  He was forbid by his parents never to use a match or lighter without adult supervision, but at the age of eight, every child is prone to some type of mischief.  So, during a Summer vacation up in their cabin on the mountains, he took upon himself and his best buddy at the time to sneak in the house and steal a lighter.  The consequences was almost devastating of course.  The key to his talk was obedience

Eld. Bednar perhaps made the most impact on me as he outright, without hesitant or sugar coating, talk about Chastity. 

"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has a single, undeviated standard of sexual morality...Violating the law of chastity is a grievous sin and misuse of our physical tabernacles...Marriage is between a man and a woman...Defiling the body is an act of rebellion and a denial of our true identity as sons and daughters of God. Love increases through righteous restraint and decreases through impulsive indulgent..."

So many wonderful talks from our church leaders these past weekend.  Makes me ever so grateful that I am part of this great and marvelous gospel.  Where would I be without it?  Where would my children be without their upbringing in this magnificent gospel?  I tell you,  we'd all be lost within the carnal whirlpool of this life.  Sucked in by the temptations of the devil that we may all be miserable like unto him.  During this conference I came to understand exactly why Satan desires that we misuse our bodies and not keep the law of chastity.  It's because he, himself doesn't have a body and this enrages him so he stays true to his promise that he will do everything in his power to destroy our spirit so we won't return home to the presence of our Heavenly Father.  

Every General Conference gives me renewed strength and courage to strive to be as perfect as I can become.  To focus on the most important things instead of the frivolous material things of this world.  That I should always count my blessings that I am part of a great and eternal plan.  Our spirits are eternal and when it's time to lay this body down to the grave, my spirit will soar on forever and ever.  That's why it is pivotal and utterly important that we make sure we live a well lived and righteous life.


No comments:

Post a Comment