Thursday, October 30, 2014

Network Marketing

I have a sister-in-law that has worked the for USPS (Us Postal Service) for 22 years now.  She sorts mail and for that 22 years, I think she makes a little over $20 per hour now.  She has also underwent all kinds of surgery on her elbows, wrists, shoulders, knees, feet etc.  Almost every joint of her body has been put through surgery as results of pushing, pulling and carrying heavy mail containers and repetitious chores as sorting all kinds of mails.  Moreover, continuous standing for 8 hours or more as the Post Office demands of her was taking a toll on her body, but it was all worth the sacrifice for her family and it worked for her.

Amy S. breaks all kinds of records at my work.  She can make up to $700 per day selling Credit Repair.  Once in a training meeting she declared:  "I'm here to make money, not to make friends."  I like that she's determine to isolate herself from other employees while she's making her money.  But I'm thinking, why not kill two birds with one stone?  Make friends and make money.  Where's the harm in that and all the more richer when it comes to relationship with other people.  

I grew up in a humble home on , what Americans would call , a third world country in the island of Tonga. Education saved my parents from the bonds of poverty.  They were educated overseas and they were both full time working parents when I was growing up.  My mother was the secretary for the High School and my father was a Mechanic.  It was very rare to find women working and having careers back in those days.  We never lacked for anything.  From food to cars, motorcyles, trucks, boats to plows, we had it all.  Even the biggest 2 story house in the village.  I knew what well off means but didn't know a thing about how to stay well off. 

Seeing how my mom was a hard working woman, I was determined that I will have a career when I grow up.  Up until I had my first child, I decided I can't bear to leave him and seek employment. I didn't trust anyone to babysit my son and there was no job that could pay me enough money to make time away from my son worth it.  So I became a stay home mom.  7 children later, and a gout afflicted husband, I was force back to the working world.  Only, I was blessed with a job that didn't take me out of the home.   I was still in the crossroads for my children as they come in and out of our home. 

10 years in the same job, I realize that if I want money, I have to have something to sell.  I was already selling different products for my JOB, but I was selling it for someone else.  They were pocketing all that money that I'm bringing into the company and paid me $11 per hour plus commission which made up a fraction of what they were making off of me.  I had to switch employment.  An affirmation dawned on me that:  You can not become wealthy working within a 9-5 jobJOBS are good for people that don't want anything more.  Like my sister-in-law, she loves the stability that the Post Office gives her.   She was satisfied with it.

For me, I yearn for something much much more.  Not that I am ungrateful for what I have now.  I have been abundantly blessed by the good Lord with my family.   However, there's this tiny small voice that keeps urging me,  "Sela, you can do so much more.  You can give so much more and you can help so many more."  At the state that I am in right now with my family, the only people that I can help are my children, that's it.  I don't have enough to go around to anyone else and I want to be able to help people.  I'm one of those that give even if it's the last dollar on my ashtray.  To people that holds signs up on the streets.  I don't judge them whether they are able to work or not.  If I have, I give.  That's just me.  So not having so much to give, bothers me.

Network Marketing was introduced to us by an old childhood friend from Tonga a few years ago.  I hopped on with my husband and that's when I realized that I can actually do something different from what I was doing and make a lot of money.  My eyes were opened to the possibilities but things went wrong and my husband's health declined and we couldn't stay on.  A few months ago, another friend of mine from the same village in Tonga, introduced me to Engage DNA. Little did she know, I have been praying for something to help me with my energy because, I was working 2 jobs, a sick husband to take care of and 2 grandchildren that needed a babysitter.  Plus, my own children that I couldn't keep up with.  I was desperate. 

Engage DNA, worked miracles when it comes to my energy.  I gave it to my husband and I was stunned by the change that it has brought into his health and his energy level.   I had to get in.  Last week, I was able to pay $114 to join MMR (Engage DNA).   Now I want to introduce it to the people I love mainly because I know how much it has helped me.  My husband on the other hand is healthy enough to get around.  Our good friend Ken introduced him to Life Leadership, now he's determined to make that work.  We are in two different Network Marketing programs.  There are hundreds out there but you have to find the one that works best for you.  You work your own hours and you build your business and at the same time, help build people around you.  It's a win win situation.  Unlike Amy who doesn't want to make friends.  I love people and I love having tons of friends.  They are all part of my extended family. 

A unique quote comes to mind when I think about people that does Network Marketing:



"Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They invent. They imagine. They heal. They explore. They create. They inspire. They push the human race forward. Maybe they have to be crazy. How else can you stare at an empty canvas and see a work of art? Or sit in silence and hear a song that’s never been written? Or gaze at a red planet and see a laboratory on wheels? We make tools for these kinds of people. While some see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do."

 


No comments:

Post a Comment