Thursday, November 24, 2016

Give Praise This Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving morning my heart is full of praise and gratitude to God and the many blessings He has bestowed upon me and my family.  Given my family circumstances, we have been blessed beyond what we deserve.
I pray that my children will realize just how blessed they are and have an "attitude of gratitude" towards God, people and their surroundings.

With everything that is going on with my husband's health, we have been able to witness the  tender mercies of the Lord through people.  Neighbors, friends and acquaintances.  Take for one, my dear friend and neighbor, Rita Offrett.  I see her as an angel that's been Godsend to help us.  Ever since my husband's accident, she has given us her Expedition to use because I can't drive his truck for it is manual instead of automatic.  She practically gave me the keys and told me to use it whenever I need it because she's not using it.  Who does that now a days?  Especially when we live in a world where most people consider material things more valuable above all things. I use her car to visit my husband in the rehab center and to take him back and forth from his appointments.  Without her car, I don't know how we could manage all my husband's appointments and getting places where we need to get.  I am so grateful for her and I hope we can always be mindful of what others needs are and always lend a helping hand and pay it forward.

I am grateful that my son Mahonrai came home safely from his mission.  For two years he has been gone and serve in North Carolina, Charlotte Mission.  I have missed him and now he is back home.  It was a sweet reunion and I'm so grateful he's back.

I hear good things and bad things through FB.  I've come across so many stories of goodness that people have done to help others and it gives me joy to know that even though these are the worse of times, there still are so many good people who truly cares, love and willing to help others who are not so fortunate.  It's incredible.  As much as we have been recipients of so many good deeds and intentions, I pray for an opportunity to be able to give back to the people and pay it forward.  What good can I do or my family can do to make a difference in another person's life and make their life better.  I try to carry pocket change in my purse because I hate when I stop at a light and see a man or a woman with a sign asking for money and I don't have any in my purse to give.  I don't care what their circumstances in life are, I only want to give while I can give.  I'm not there to judge them.

This Thanksgiving I praise to God for His son Jesus Christ and for FAMILY.  I love them and I can not imagine life without them.  I'm grateful for life itself and the opportunity to still breath and live.  I'm grateful for my heritage and loving parents and grandparents.  I'm grateful for grandchildren and I'm forever grateful for my testimony and membership in His church The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

I love my family.  I love God and Christ.  I love people whether I know or don't know them.  I am forever grateful for the role they play in my life

No comments:

Post a Comment