Wednesday, January 4, 2017

2017 It's going to be a good year!

Welcome 2017 and Happy New Year one and all.  We just got back for Northern California as the children were invited to sing in a Musical Fireside.  It's funny because just recently I was thinking about how badly we needed a family vacation with the children.  Because God is always good, He answered my prayers all the time.  Everything was paid for and provided for the children to sing and for us to have a great time while doing it.  I couldn't ask for anything more.  It's always through amazing people that God fulfills His promises and His will.
The children really enjoyed themselves.  Sisilia, on the other hand, never ever wants to sing at any given time.  Even with the magnificent voice that she has, she refuses to sing.  I think it's because she has sing-phobia.  She's nervous performing infront of people but you can never tell that when she performs because she is so comfortable infront of a crowd she blows them away every time she sings.  Before we even load up our vehicle to leave to Cali, she send a text message saying, "I'm going but I'm not going to sing".  Me and my husband looked at each others and both roll our eyes.  We already know she will eventually sing when we get there because she can not say "no" to people when they ask her to sing.  Sure enough, when we got to our hotel rooms, no one asked her to sing.  She witnessed what her uncle Tevisi has gone through to rent the vehicle, set up 3 hotel rooms for 3 nights, money and food and her little heart softened and she text back:
"Mom, did you bring any of my music?" 
 I text back, already humming with satisfaction:  "What for?  I thought you said you're not singing."  
She text back:  "Oh, I want to sing for uncle Tevisi."  
"Oh yeah, then may be you could sing Karaoke". 
"No mom, I want you to play".  
Yup that's a typical conversation when she changes her mind from "not singing", to "singing".   She's so feisty and finicky.  Always changing her mind but I love my Silly girl for that.
We had so much fun.  Our Livai family Siua and Irene took us out on Saturday and tour the city of San Francisco.  It's so beautiful and exciting.  So different from Salt Lake City Utah.  They kids really enjoyed themselves.  Not only did they treat us to eat, they even allowed us to pick a Souvenir and bought it and send us home with it.  So sweet as they give selflessly.  Irene keeps talking about Jesus and God.  How good they are and I think that is why they are so giving is because they truly are following the Savior's example.  We are always the recipients and never the giver.  One day I would like to be the giver.  Hoi.
We got back yesterday after spending a day and a  half on the road because the mountains were snowed in and we had to put on chains on our tires.  It was the longest drive ever but we made it back in one piece.  After off-loading our stuff, the children starts leaving to their own home and I miss them all over again.  I hate when they leave. Our house is so empty without them.  I love my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment